Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thanks




















a very kind artist named Lori
lovingly takes inventory
of her pantry's contents
to make Christmas presents
of apricot-dancing rum-glory

the multi-talented Witzel,
well, you wouldn't believe how she puts all
the rum she can bake
into fruity fruitcake
to get all her blogfriends kerschplitzelled

she warned me her fruitcake would ooze
with apricots, pecans and booze
I didn't believe her,
but the overachiever
bakes the best cakes — how could anyone refuse!?

Lori, thank you!

Folks, if you haven't, be sure to check out Lori's blog. It's well worth a visit.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori Witzel said...

(Hic!)

You're so welcome!
Remember...don't eat fruitcake and drive...and if the apricots get too noisy (that rum really does release their inner Macarena) just tell them "Shush, or you'll be flambéed!"

12/21/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Not a big fan of fruit cakes, but with enough booze this fruit would suck on it. Love this word, kerschplitzelled,
somebody created. Could I get an exact definition of that??

12/21/2006 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love doggerel and limericks.

Especially kerschplitzelled.

12/21/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Lori, I'll be sure to let those apricots know who's in charge!

Pat, this ain't just any fruitcake, I'll tell you that. An exact definition of "kerschplitzelled" ... sorry, I confess my mischief was showing!!

Charlie, oh, Lori can write doggerel, I have no doubts. But droop? Let's not ask her to go there. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else... tra la la!

Zhoen, still waiting for your puns and parodies of songs! ;-)

12/21/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger polona said...

he he, love this!
and yes, lori's blog is worth visiting.

12/22/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Now there is an idea...booze in jam...Why didn't I think of that? I must be living under a rock!!

12/22/2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Fun poem-thanks for telling me about Lori.

1/03/2007 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home