Thursday, November 03, 2005

November Winds



















These go without saying —
I will breath by breath unravel each night
the worries I knit up during the day
I will step by step move closer each day
to the death I choose not to face
I will heartbeat by heartbeat continue to love
you and the moon

— Let us drop all words
Let us speak with no words
Let us let the air speak for us

I face the beginning of the night
a darkness that frightens me
Why I don't remember that
I will come through this
forged a little steelier
and softened, roughened
and smoothed by the winds
of the dark nights
the drowse of the soul in
which the words are written
quiet and hard to hear
in which the dim sun still
burns, without a shine
but burns on

Don't say a word
Speak to me
Stand here
Help me remember
to breathe

7 Comments:

Blogger mermaid said...

"in which the dim sun still
burns, without a shine
but burns on"

This, along with how the wind molds your Autumn caccoon, was my favorite part.

11/03/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger DTclarinet said...

you do well here, capturing the murmurings of the "the drowse of the soul in which the words are written
quiet and hard to hear" not an easy goal, but silhouetted nicely with your weave.

11/03/2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

How well you capture the feeling of November.

11/03/2005 9:14 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I will step by step move closer each day
to the death I choose not to face -

Somehow it is easier to face it at this time of year. Thank you for this.

And I'm glad you managed to post the photo!

11/03/2005 10:54 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

I never know what to say except, ooh, how lovely. But coming here and finding your poems is a delicious near-daily pleasure. The variety of forms and moods that you're able to work with so successfully is awesome.

11/04/2005 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Moose. This is one of the strongest things I've seen you write yet (though I haven't read everything here yet).

Thank you.

11/04/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger MB said...

Mermaid, Garnet, Patry, Mary, thank you each for your kind words. It's nice to be heard.

Jean, you can come and say "ooh, how lovely" any time! ;-) Seriously, I'm very glad you enjoy the poems. Thanks.

Sara, I appreciate your cheering me on. I wasn't sure how this one would be received, so I'm glad you felt it was strong.

Karen M., what is your blog? Thank you for respecting copyright. Yes, you may quote me, provided you include credit and a link to my blog, and let me know where this is posted. I'm glad the poem touched you.

This is a difficult time of year for me, apprehensive of the darkness to come. I'm doing better than usual this year, however! Who knows, perhaps writing so many poems is helping? Thanks for listening, y'all.

11/07/2005 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home